We take pride in creating an environment where every opportunity is offered to inspire children to learn. We believe that, by having a uniform, children arrive ready for their learning as equals. Once in school, each child’s individuality is nurtured.
Our school uniform aims to:
- Celebrate our togetherness and create a sense of community
- Enable children to represent the school
- Take account of health and safety needs
- Be good value for money, hardwearing and practical
- Reduce arguments about clothing at home
Ensuring that our uniform is worn consistently is the shared responsibility of children, parents and staff.
Children are expected to wear a royal blue sweatshirt/fleece/cardigan with the JPS logo and a red polo shirt with JPS logo (unless they are wearing a dress, as detailed below).
All clothes should be labelled with your child’s name to avoid confusion.
JPS branded uniform can be purchased online at: https://wearaboutsonline.com/ or in person at:
358 Norwood Road
T) 020 8244 7887
Our PTFA hold second-hand uniform stalls on each site throughout the year. All non-branded uniform may be purchased at most large supermarkets.
- Red polo shirt with JPS logo
- Royal blue sweatshirt with JPS logo
- Royal blue fleece with JPS logo
- Royal blue cardigan with JPS logo
- Dresses: blue and white, or red and white
- Trousers, skirts, shorts, culottes, pinafore dresses: navy or grey
- Sensible shoes – black or navy. Please ensure that your child wears sensible shoes – preferably non-slip with a fixed backing. No trainers are allowed.
- Tights/Socks – white, grey, navy or red
A change of clothing is essential for children:
- White T-shirt with JPS logo
- Shorts or tracksuit bottoms – blue or navy
- Trainers or plimsolls
In the winter months, children should also have a suitable sweatshirt/jumper and jogging bottoms for outdoor sessions.
Blue with school logo.
Jewellery must not be worn to school, with the exception of small stud earrings. If your child is wearing stud earrings they should be covered or removed for PE.
Children who do not wear the correct uniform will be lent a JPS logo T-shirt or JPS logo sweatshirt for the day. If they continue to come to school in the wrong uniform, we will contact parents/carers to see if there is any difficulty with providing the correct uniform and a letter is sent home.
In the summertime we request all parents/carers ensure that children are protected by wearing T-shirts or dresses which give them adequate cover.
Children should NOT wear jeans.
There is a lost property box at each site. Any property brought into school by children has to be looked after by the children themselves. The school cannot replace missing items of property nor be held responsible for items lost in school.
Children should not bring mobile phones, toys, jewellery or money to school. Please label all uniform. Unmarked clothes go missing and when they are found in the playground it is impossible to know who to return them to. We do not keep lost property for long periods.