Our creative context is based on the Ancient Greeks and we will be covering the following:
- time line of the main events
- the meanings of BC and AD
- the battles that involved the army and navy (and the uses of rivers)
- Athens and Sparta
- Greek vases and their uses/designs
- the artist Apelles
- the impact of Greek politics and culture
- comparing the lives of Ancient Greek boys and girls
In our writing, we will be studying The Adventures of Odysseus [written by Lupton, Morden and Balit]. This will allow us to learn about how an author entertains and teaches their audience and the writing tools used to do so. We will also be using a range of individual myths as learning tools through Guided Reading as well. Later on in the term, we will be reading a text called There's a Boy in the GIrl's Bathroom, written by Louis Sachar.
During our Maths lesson, we will be focusing on fractions, decimals, percentages and ratios. KIRFS will continue to be run so please teach doubles and halves (including decimals) at home too.